The Cable Reel Switch (CRS) is the latest development from Solifos and combines the advantages of hand reels for tactical field cable deployment with a switch integrated into the reel. The reel can be installed with either an Ethernet cable or a fiber optic cable.
The CRS allows the user to use a robust field cable thanks to the permanently installed network switch.
The CRS has been developed for use in harsh environmental conditions. It is based on the Bundeswehr (German Armed Forces) plastic hand reel and is IP 65 protected. On the front are MIL connectors for connecting tactical fiber optic cables, Ethernet cables and power connections (AC or DC or both).
Crucial advantages in the deployment:
- Very economical solution: A combined system of cable and switch
- High reliability: Very durable design suitable for harsh environments
- High mobility: Quick and easy installation
- Plug-and-play system
- Fast availability of the data connection thanks to the simplest installation
- An output socket allows the use of additional electrical devices
A first order of the Cable Reel Switch has already been delivered to the German Bundeswehr.
All technical specifications and more information here: Cable Reel Switch